1. He insisted on his name ________ in full.
A. write B. was written
C. be written D. being written
【解析】insist on doing sth.“坚持做某事”，固定搭配，故选D。
2. All I can do now is nothing ________.
A. but waiting B. but wait C. except waiting D. only to wait
【解析】“can do nothing but+动词原形”意为“什么都做不了只能…”固定搭配，故选B。
3.It was when we were returning home ________ I realized what a good feeling it was to have helped someone in trouble.
A. which B. that C. where D. how
4.Only when Lily walked into the office ________ that she had left the contract at home.
A. she realized B. has she realized C. she has realized D. did she realize
5.He is a shy man, ________ he is not afraid of anything or anyone.
A. so B. but C. or D. as
6.-Jane is going to hold a concert here in July.
-Really? ________ exciting news!
A.How B.What an C.What D.How an
7. It is important to remember that success ________ a sum of small efforts made each day and often ________ years of achieve.
A. is; takes B. are; takes C. are; take D. is; take
8.—Where is Peter? I can't find him anywhere.
—He went to the library after breakfast and ________ his essay there ever since.
A. wrote B. had written C. has been writing D. is writing
【解析】 由“went to library“用过去时，ever since“从那时起”，可知“写”的动作是从过去一个时间道现在为止一直在进行，故选现在完成进行时，即C符合题意。
9.In the last few years, China ________ great achievements in environmental protection.
A. has made B. had made C. was making D. is making
【解析】in the last/past few years“在过去的数年间”，为现在完成时的时态标志,故选A。
10.Some experts think reading is the fundamental skill upon ________ school education depends.
A. It B. that C. whose D. which
11.________ for two days, Steve managed to finish his report on schedule.
A. To work B. Worked C. To be working D. Having worked
12. Opposite is St. Paul’s Church, ________ you can hear some lovely music.
A. which B. that C. when D. where
13. It is reported that a space station ________ on the moon someday.
A. will be building B. will he built C. has been building D. has been built
【解析】考查时态和语态。句意：据报道，未来几年，月球上将修建一座空间站。in years to come“在接下来的几年里”，且station与build是动宾关系，故用一般将来时的被动语态。故选B。
14. ________ the difference between the two research findings will be one of the worst mistakes you make.
A. Ignore B. Ignoring C. Ignored D. Having ignored
【解析】考查动名词。句意：忽视这两个研究成果之间的差异将会是你犯的最糟糕的错误之一。根据句子结构可知，空格处所需要填的动词形式与其后的“the difference between the two research findings”在整个句子中作主语，再结合句子的时态，可知需要填动名词的一般式。
15. Much time ________ sitting at a desk, office workers are generally troubled by health problems.
A. being spent B. having spent C. spent D. spending
【解析】考查独立主格结构。由句子结构可知，分词的逻辑主语much time与主句主语office workers不一致，所以是独立主格结构。逗号后为主句，逗号前为独立主格结构作原因状语。time与spend是被动关系，故填spent。